Amazon Travel Club is a joke!!!

Boston, Massachusetts 2 comments

So here's the deal with Amazon Travel Club DBA Amazon E-Travel DBA Oasis Travel or whatever other names they choose to operate under. This company is not a scam in the traditional sense of the word, but they are running quite the racket. My sister went to a widely reputable and famous wedding convention in Boston and ENTERED A CONTEST TO WIN A TRIP (if you notice the owner's post on here that they don't market this as a contest, he's lying). She was informed she had "won" a trip valued at $5,000 but in order to take it she would have to pay $500 in order to avoid tax penalties. They then demanded her credit card number right away. God, I wish I had been there when this happened as I would never have allowed her to hand it over. Warning flags should go off in your head when anyone asks for this type of information. They had told us we could choose from a variety of locations in Florida, and that we'd be again be paying the taxes at each hotel as well (quoted $4-$7/night). They did not tell her where she was staying (red flag #1) and also informed her that as a condition of the trip she would be attending a time share presentation in each location (red flag #2). By the way they don't cover any transportation costs, meals, NOTHING!

The real story starts when we took this trip. At each location they send you to a hotel where there is a "welcome center" you have to check into. At that point you're given your meeting time and place for the time share presentation (by the way it can be in the middle of the day, totally ruining any plans). At our first location in Orlando they had us check into the Ramada Maingate. They also give you your voucher to then check into the hotel. To start we were given a presentation at 1p, smack dab in the middle of the day. Next, we were told we had to provide our own transportation to the meeting as it was off site of the hotel (and by off site, I mean WAY off site). To see further reviews about my experience with the hotels we stayed in, the timeshare company, and more, check out reviews for Ramada Maingate (Orlando), Ocean Plaza (Daytona), and Vacation Village (Weston/Fort Lauderdale). Basically, the Ramada Maingate was the filthiest hotel I've ever stayed in, they charged us a resort fee we had to pay ($45 for three nights!!), and our timeshare presentation we had to attend was almost 3 hours long!!!!

I'll only elaborate a little further. Orlando was a horrible experience, and was only saved by the fact that we had purchased (out of our own pocket) Disney tickets and spent all day in the parks (where it was clean!!). Daytona was actually quite nice, but Ft. Lauderdale got interesting. At the "welcome center" in the Ramada of Ft. Lauderdale we were told we were staying in a 1 bedroom condo at the timeshare destination.... but hey, it's in WESTON, FL, about 30 minutes outside of Ft. Lauderdale. Good thing we had rented our own car. At this point we were so creeped out about the whole experience we went and found our own hotel in Ft. Lauderdale, booked it, checked in at this place in Weston and then left and stayed at the Hyatt in Ft. Lauderdale (read my review, it was amazing!!!)

Amazon Travel Club, I found out, is basically a "marketing company" that is contracted by the timeshare company to provide them with people at their presentations. Amazon Travel gets up to $500 a couple!!!! In Amazon's "contract" they note that if you do not show up to the presentation you'll be charged $200. Also, if you do not stay in the hotel they've booked for you then you will be charged the "full retail rate" of the hotel. Note: there is no such thing as a full retail rate for a hotel, hotel rates are fluid and based on season, how far out you are booking the room, and how many vacancies they have. It's Amazon's way of making up the commission they don't receive for no shows. The presentations, to say the least, were sketchy. The timeshare sales people tried to bully us into putting down our credit card for $30,000 in the space of an hour for a timeshare that we had no opportunity to research (a quick google research of the time share company provided some scary results as well!). In total, I estimate that the $5,000 trip really only costs $500 and Amazon gets you to cover that on your own! The Ramada in Orlando was going for $50/night online, the Daytona Ocean Plaza was about $140/night, and I'm assuming their "$5,000" spin came in when they put us in the 1 bedroom condo. I am glad we booked our own hotel in Ft. Lauderdale, we got a beautiful room at the Hyatt for a reasonable rate. We also learned, as we watched other couples check in, that you don't necessarily get a hotel room where the "welcome center" is. So you can end up FAR from the destination you thought you had chosen (like we did in WESTON!!)

We met other couples who had essentially been scammed as well. We asked where people had "won their trips" and answers went from wedding conventions, to country fairs, to beer conventions! So, we could have booked this vacation on our own minus the time share presentations. I also would have chosen hotels that didn't make me search for bed bugs, or feel like I had to sit up all night by the door with a bat in my hand.

In short, RUN when Amazon calls you. DO NOT give them your credit card number, and always research any company that calls you and tells you that you've won something. Lesson old but true: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Review about: Free Florida Vacation.

Comments

Hekcvua good job. I sure appreciate it.

#193791

this was very helpful. thanks

Amazon Travel Club- Class Action Lawsuit

Cincinnati, Ohio 2 comments

Hello to everyone who has been swindled by Amazon Travel Club, Thomas Meehan, "Dwayne Nicely", and any other people involved with this company including the staff at Amazon who can never seem to get a hold of Mr. Meehan or process your cancellation.

I just received my dispute documentation from my credit card company asking for proof that I had tried to cancel my trip with Amazon Travel Club within the allotted time frame.

My credit card company asks for a lot of other documentation as well and they attached what Mr. Meehan sent to them which is a copy of the wonderful vacation that I'm supposed to take and a letter from him stating that he can also supply them with the tapes of my conversation with Dwayne.

I wish I could tell Mr. Meehan that he can take those tapes and shove them. I don't care about those tapes. He can play those tapes to the world including my mother.

The deal here is that I do not want to go on this trip and I want my money back. What is so wrong about that? I've tried to cancel many times and Mr. Meehan never returns my calls.

But here's the deal: this is what they do. They are the ones who are able to supply credit card companies with all sorts of documents but the pissed off consumer has nothing except his/her anger and disdain.

My question to you all is, why have we not started a class action lawsuit against this company? I am going to start this lawsuit and in fact, I have my first appointment this Thursday. Let me know if you support this.

Here are the requirements for a class action lawsuit. Can you say, "check, check, check, double-check" ???

Numerosity - adequate number of plaintiffs

Commonality - common damages and legal issues

Typicality - each class member's claim must come from the same event, and must make the same legal argument

Adequacy of Representation - the representative plaintiff will adequately protect and represent the interest of the class

Viability of Defendant - although it is not a requirement of the court, it is reasonable to assume that if the accused does not have the means to compensate for the alleged damages and legal costs, it would be difficult to entice a law firm to represent the class.

Goodnight and God Bless... I am so angry that I can't even sleep.

Review about: Amazon Travel Club.

Comments

BION I'm imprseesd! Cool post!

#194411

I too have been scammed and I completely agree, this does qualify for a class action lawsuit and I am fully willing to participate, and help further this idea. These people must be stopped and pay for what they have done to the consumers.

Amazon E Travel/ Amazon Travel Club

Markham, Ontario 4 comments

I recently (so called) won a vacation cruise to daytona beach, fort lauderdale, orlando and a bonus cruise to the bahamas from amazon e travel. I also just read about all the reviews and posts found on multiple sites regarding how the company are scamers. I can't believe how *** I am and just feel like a complete ***. I understand it's not a complete scam, but a lot of lies instead were told.

For anyone that has been in this situation with amazon, if you have any advice aside from what has been said, please let me know.

thank you!

Review about: Vacation Package.

Comments

You put the lime in the ccoount and drink the article up.

#200910

i've won the same trip to fort lauderdale, dayton and such.im supposto be going in dec and hoping this is not a scam.

they said i would receive the tickets within 7 days of paying 500$ on cerdit card which is the taxes.Hopfully i didnt get scamed and get to go.

Amazon E Travel is a scam Me and My Friend worked there for a week and ahalf and quit they won't even pay me for the hours i worked i left because of how they was

I to have purchaced this so called package and am contenplating weather to follow through with it. As I am going to Florida any way this year. Would be nice to hear from any one who actually went.

View more comments

Amazon Travel Club - AAMAZON TRAVEL IS NOT A SCAM!

Orlando, Florida 15 comments

Comments (46) 1. Written by Thomas Meehan "OWNER" of Amazo, on 31-01-2010 20:44

Although I have been aware of these accusations about my company for some time. I knew that we were selling an honest package, at a highly discounted rate. I did not let this bother me. In reference to having two names, The second name is a DBA under the same name with the state of Florida. I did this to secure an additional contract with other resorts to create options, and protect travelers and assure them they will be able to travel to the destinations we promiced. After numorous discusions with future and past travelers i felt compelled to reply to these posts. I have worked as a consumer advocate in my past bussineses. I have worked with the department of consumer protection in the state of Connecticut and the state legislature developing laws and guidelines to protect the consumer. You can copy and paste the following link into your web browser or google TFM SAF AIR THOMAS MEEHAN. Here is a New York Times article that validates this.

I have also worked with EPA presenting at international confrences, for the advancement of technology in reference to protecting our public schools.

That can be validated by Going to the following websight. (page 8 session x)

http://nepis.epa.gov/Exe/ZyNET.exe/30003VVG.txt?ZyActionD=ZyDocument&Client=EPA&Index=1991%20Thru%201994&Docs=&Query=&Time=&EndTime=&SearchMethod=1&TocRestrict=n&Toc=&TocEntry=&QField=pubnumber%5E%22600S991037%22&QFieldYear=&QFieldMonth=&QFieldDay=&UseQField=pubnumber&IntQFieldOp=1&ExtQFieldOp=1&XmlQuery=& File=D%3A%5CZYFILES%5CINDEX%20DATA%5C91THRU94%5CTXT%5C00000002%5C30003VVG.txt&User=ANONYMOUS&Password=anonymous&SortMethod=h%7C-&MaximumDocuments=10&FuzzyDegree=0&ImageQuality=r75g8/r75g8/x150y150g16/i425&Display=p%7Cf&DefSeekPage=x&SearchBack=ZyActionL&Back=ZyActionS&BackDesc=Results%20page&MaximumPages=1&ZyEntry=8

These days you can google any company and put scam after it. You WILL find out there are scam reports. INCLUDING GOOGLE!

I urge you not to fall into the category of contempt prior to investigation.

Please contact State of Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. That is the governing body whom we are license under.

Although, there are a few grand prize winners. We never tell anyone we contact by phone."That they have Won". All phone calls are taped from inception and kept on file from our studio. (NOT RADIO STATION)

Is there a processing fee...YES!

A small percentage of each show is selected. This is not offered to the general public!! Yes, we will call everyone until we can reach our qouta from each show. Even if we contact you, you MAY NOT be able to travel based on your qualifications.

At this time I will be contacting past travelers, as well as satisfied vacationers to post there comments.

ENJOY YOUR TRIP!

Review about: Travel Package.

Comments

Class Action?!?Why doesn't everyone who was ripped off by these people get together and pool resources to sue!

Acting alone we can't do much but together we can shut them down!

Anyone know a good lawyer?I'd rather pay a lawyer than these CLOWNS!

Amazon and Oasis Travel is a SCAM!!!I learned is was a sales pitch and a scam and changed my mind and don't want to go.

They refuse to let me cancel and give me a refund.They are trying to charge me nearly $400 for nothing!!!

DON'T TRUST THESE CROOKS!!

I find it interesting that all of the people saying that this is a scam have not gone on the cruise. I have some concerns about this company and whether this is a scam, but I have yet to find any legitimate reason to not go through with the offer. Is there anyone that has gone to Disneyworld, Daytona Beach, and/or on the cruise to the Bahamas that can give specific details of the vacation so all of us skeptics can make an informed decision?

That's really tihnikng out of the box. Thanks!

This is such ***! If it weren't a scam you should be able to get your $ back whenever, not just after 30 days! Hope you're cool with being contacted by news investigators!

#194553

I too felt as if I was swindled.Immediately after I purchased it, I began researching and found tons of negative stuff.

I had read about their customer service and how bad it was and how it was really difficult to get your money back. However, I called this morning and spoke with a woman, and she was actually very surprisingly nice and told me when I receive my travel documents to go to the "terms and conditions" page and follow that. So as of right now, I am feeling better about this refund, but I do not know for sure yet.

The quicker you act, the better chance you have at a refund.

Florida State Statute 559.933 gives consumers the right to cancel within 30 days of receiving the travel certificate.

Geneve, Geneva, Switzerland #140008

I was just contacted by Amazon Travel, but as I was speaking with them, I found this site. Needless to say, I did not give them my credit card#.

I asked if I could call them back with the number(just to see what their response would be) and they replied that it was a "one call only" offer. What a joke!

First: This "Prize Package" only includes hotel accomodations and two meals. For $498, I will book my own (and higher rated) hotels.

Second: Any legitimate company would let you call them back to make payment arrangements.

Third: Please read the message above from the "owner" of Amazon Travel (Thomas Meehan). It is so full of spelling and grammaical errors, I think it was written by a dyslexic third grader.

Thomas -- Find a new business model, get a proofreader, and stop trying to make people so excited with the thought of winning that they will just hand over their CC#!

Has anyone been "replayed" their own original cal? If so - have you noticed when the term "non-refundable" was first dropped?

Same as you, meetoo!.$498.

I thought I was entering a legit drawing/raffle to win a free cruise at the Atlantic City Beer Fest. Who knew the AC Convention Center would support cons like this? They called me and told me I won the drawing and that I got their "grand prize" package - which they never give out (the kicker here is they called my fiance' the very next day with the same *** pitch). They got me so excited, telling me I was "live and on the air" and to keep excited.

I foolishly gave them my credit card without thinking - I was just too excited.

I spent hours on the phone with them yesterday - they are refusing to give me a refund saying I was recorded agreeing to the terms by a "3rd party validation" company.Their legal "department" man named Michael threatened me with a lawsuit and a whole "lot of [legal] trouble" if I were to call my credit card company and cancel the purchase.

This company contacted us after the Atlantic City (NJ) Beer Festival.We fell for the scam.

Complete with the Mr. Dwayne Nicely and attorney named Michael cited by yesterday's posting.

We're pursuing things with AET, and wont give up.Nevertheless, tonight we filed complaints with NJ's and FL's Attorney Generals offices.

I have spent hours reading each report on various web sites that sound IDENTICAL to what my husband and I have just gone through with this company.Almost word for word in fact!!

We got a call at 9pm on a SUNDAY and I am sure you know the rest. Mr. Duane Nicely provided the right atmosphere for two hard working parents of two children under the age of 2, who could really use a vacation! He said all the right things and let me tell you, it all sounded great.

Yet in my gut, something didn't feel right. Within 20 minutes, after a 10 minute three way phone call, our credit card was billed almost immediately. Now, looking back, I hate to say that my mother was right...NEVER give your credit card number to anyone! My husband and I feel completely ashamed and more pissed at ourselves than Thomas Meehan.

I get that they are trying to sell a product, however when you go to McDonalds, Target, etc. you get a grilled chicken sandwich, or a nice pair of socks....you don't have to wonder if the product you just purchased is not what you thought, in fact you have the right to RETURN that product if you are unsatisfied. It is not rocket science! Well, this product is no different!

After hanging up with Duane Nicely, my husband and I both said, what did we just do? Well, 5 mintues later I called the exact number that I initially got Duane Nicely on, and of course NO answer...called the customer service and conviently, no answer. This was only minutes after my husband hung up from them. What reputable company calls on a Sunday night at nine...should have been my first clue!

Hook line and sinker...I called the next day....after a sleepless night, and spoke with a female from "customer service", or should I say, "customer dis-service" I said, after great discussion, my husband and I would like a refund as we cannot afford the trip seeing that we had to pay the "port fee", the air fare, and god knows what else. This "customer service Rep" said, you agreed to the terms and conditions, and so we will not refund the money...that was all I needed to hear, as $498 is alot of money to us! My favorite part was the line....I think she was reading from a script....I said, after searching the internet, the negative reports were unbelieveable and she said, you can look up Microsoft, Mcdonalds and anyone can go on google and write negative things about them as well! She also mentioned that most of those were kids under the age of 18...So apparently,they find that these reports are not valid.

Nope, of course not, these are the people that want their money back! Apparently they are used to customer reports. I said that if you were up front with what product you were selling which was time shares, then we would have had a clearer picture. See, one mortgage is enough thank you!

She then read from another line of the script, 'but we did say that "would you like to hear the tape?". We have found that we are not alone, and we are fighting back. We have written and called the attorney generals office and they have been very helpful. We have canceled our credit card...I urge anyone who has had this happen to them to do so.

We have also been in contact daily with Amazon e travel. Now I see what one report said that they became very nasty and insulting when they demanded their money back. Mr. Michael was rude and ignorant and I would love to know how these people can sleep at night or call this a "job".

I told him as well that I was sitting in front of my computer reading at least 30 of these reports and he said "oh let me guess from pissed consumers" I said absolutely. So, he said he would only talk to my husband and he would call back tomorrow. My husband tried to call Michael today but he had to leave to get a water jug...sounds like a valid reason to not call someone back. Guess that takes all day!

I have a masters degree in speech language pathology and you, Mr. Thomas Meehan, Duane Nicely, and Michael whoever you are, have Master degrees in kniving your way into our wallets. We are returning your "product" because we are not interested in a timeshare. When we visit the beautiful state of Florida, which we travel to every year, we will be staying with relatives or at various hotels and giving our hard earned money to someone else who sells an honest product, thank you!

No THANK YOU for reminding me and my family about a well known and frequently said lesson...always listen to your gut!If is looks like, walks like or quacks like a duck,its a duck!

I have boked this way and when you get where you are going you do have the opportunity to do a tour for free stuff but if you say no to the free *** you do not have to do a timeshare tour--so tyler if you did a tour to get free stuff--we all do it--its your bad. i do travel this way

***!your company is a scam, you lie, cheat and steal people.

your salesmen are pushy liars, who insult you when you attempt to cancel the winnings you got suckered into paying for.

seriously re-evaluate what you said above.i encourage everyone who has every encountered this company to complain about them to the various regulatory agencies who will throw this liars out of jobs.

Thomas Meehan tell the truth about your company upfront and not in fine print.Your are in my eyes a liar.

Ya fine your company isn't a scam. But you could tell everyone your marketing to that when they pay to get to there destination that they are really paying to get a sales pitch into your time shares.

I think your slime and have an unethical way of doing buisness legal or not.Tell the truth and don't hide behind fine print.

***

View more comments

Amazon Travel Club - Have you gone on the trip?

London, Ontario 22 comments

HAs anyone out there actually gone thru with the deal and went on the trip? Or did you just read online that it was a scam and decide to cancell the next day. I would like to know the opinion of someone who has been on the trip! Are there other fee's, besides the taxes (which they tell you upfront) and the fact that you have to go to a presentation at each hotel (which is posted on their website)?

Yes it is misleading, and that is annoying i can give you that, But technically it is not a scam if they tell you upfront that you have to pay, and you actually get the trip, a scam would have little or no compensation.

But I would really like some responses from people who have been on the trip, because yes, we are taking it.

Review about: Have You Gone On Trip.

Comments

It's much esiaer to understand when you put it that way!

I bought the trip last May (2010 ) and did go on the trip.We had a great time and would do it again.

The 90 min. presentation wasn't bad.

I didn't want to buy so they just got me out of there pretty quick.LOL

Cornwall, New York, United States #195495

I wasn't asking your opinions on weither or not this was a scam! I just wanted to know what the trip was like, so please if you havent actually taken it, dont comment

#192777

I was at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver and apparently signed up...don't remember tooo much.Anyways, I just got a call from them.

I will never give out my credit card information over the phone to an unverified company.(And really, no company will ever call you asking for it anyways.)

:roll Hello guys, I was also at the UFC Fan Expo in Boston.My girlfriend and I won the vacation trip to Orlando, Florida, Bahamas and Mexico.

It sounded awesome at first, until the man on the phone started pressuring me into making a payment today, when I have 3 years to use the vacation, it didn't make any sense. So i decided to google the company names, 4oasistravel called my girlfriend and discountworldvacations called me. It seems like both sites are a scam, I wonder how this happened. Did anyone else who went to UFC Expo get phone calls?

Does anyone have experience with these companies?

I tweeted Dana White about this.I wonder if he could help.

I also attended the UFC Fan Expo in Boston, I searched to find out whether or not this was a scam and I found these comments.I too got a call saying I won a prize package trip around florida etc.

from oasis travel.

How many other people got this call?this seems more and more like a scam..

melly sounds like an employee of this scam.

Ha, i was at the UFC too and they call me as well! Smells fishy...

was at the UFC expo in boston recently.filled out the info with a friend.

both of us got the deal.

I'm praying its not a scam, I really need some concrete info.any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

and another thing, how dumb must you be to give a credit card number to a complete stranger over the phone.ever heard of identity theft.

maybe you guys should give me your phone numbers.

i will give you each a call tomorrow with an even better deal.LOL!!!

my ex girlfriend works there as a telemarketer and she has admitted to me herself that it is as close to a scam you can get without being illegal.i have read the little spiel that they read(straight off of the sheet of paper) to you when you answer the phone.

it is very deceiving and the "deal" that they offer is far from a deal. if they give you a "discount", they just make up another fee to add on at the last minute.

those raffle boxes are checked everyday, and they get free phone numbers by tricking u into entering to win a so called free vacation.then why is your credit card needed?

I just got the call from them too saying i was drawn as a winner from WE fest i stupidly went with everything they had to offer I was very skeptical but i went thru with it they onl charged me 249 and said i could do the other half when i found someone..my gut feeling is bad has anyone gotten refunded?

My daughter got a call that she was a winner from the drawing at WE Fest.She gave them the $498 and I actually called the cell phone of "Tommy".

So besides having to sit through the time share presentations, is the rest of the trip legitimate?

We don't know what to believe for sure.Has anyone actually gone through with the offer?

#171928

well i went to a nopi car show and filled out a sheet to win something didnt tell anybody about the show.i get called 2 days later and i win a trip the guy sounds legit alot of info.

but he wants like 270 in my account. i dont have that much and wondering if its worth getting.

i have a deadline to have it by 3 today.its 12

Note that this company is also operating under the name "Oasis Travel" - located at www.4oasistravel.com.

I just bought this package, and now am having second thoughts.

I am guessing they changed names so as to avoid websites like these that try to inform consumers better than the company itself has.

Cornwall, New York, United States #140534

thank you Sammy, That is what I wanted to know, how the actual trip was.

I attended a Bridal Show and filled out a ballot, got a call for a discounted vacation package.Of course you don't get something for nothing and needing a getaway with some girlfriends, we decided to do it.

Went last year (09) and we had a blast. There were the port fees and everything Amazon informed us about. The tour wasn't so bad.. just gotta sit thru it and then enjoy your trip!

For what you pay, I had absolutely no complaints.I don't think anyone should get scared and cancel, try the trip out, you don't really have that much to lose!!!

I did read all this info "Amma Scam"

After reading this stuff I decided I was going to give it a shot anyway.

After booking my Dates, With the Cruise, the Cruise Port fee's Turned out to be more than they quoted me on the Phone. $199 ea person. they told me $149 for adults and $75 for children. When I mentioned this, they said they would honer what I was told, Great,............. so I thought. I called up the Celebrity Cruise Company and they told me the port fees were $55 ea. when I confronted Amazon E Travel, they told me a bunch of BS in my opinion. So I decided not to give them the benifet of the doubt any longer.

Of course they charged me $49 in admin fees, I lost money on the Conversion over the 30 days, and it cost me $16 to send them a certified letter of the returned voucher. because of this fee they charged me I decided to do some advertizeing for them.

Read all the posts of how great the "Amazon",trip was,... There arent any! they told me they are Fabricateing that, I mean working on that.

Lots of Good hotels have positive feedback, why not theese Guys.Thats just my experience, hope this helps.

#119015

I did buy into it as well. Anyone know how much of the time during the trip is spent with the "host"?

Tyler, how long after you sign up, do you have to get your processing fee back?

Just want to say this company isn't a scam just liars.They could tell truth of what they realy do and sell.

They are in the buisness of time shares. This is just a marketing ploy to get you down there Daytona, Orlando. Fort Lauderdale, a cruise to the Bahammas and anywhere else they have time shares.

I never went on it but i did buy into it (and am currently in the process of getting my processing fee back)and did do alot of research.So if you want to go and listen to a sells pitch to get you to buy into there time shares while having your accomidations paid for and have a vaction you truly wern't expecting then go for it or for the same amount or probably cheaper go contact a local travel agency and plan the vaction you truly want.

Cornwall, New York, United States #108983

thanks, we have done the same stuff. We were really just wondering what the trip its self was like. But thanx anyways

I actually contacted the Florida Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services (I suggest you all do the same). The company is pretty much new - just started Aug 2009. To date, they have 5 complaints. Four complaints had "satisfactory" results, and the last is still in progress.

In addition, I am also looking at what Florida says about these types of businesses and the Rules and Statutes regarding these kinds of operations - so that I know if they are operating legitimately.

I also looked up the company on BBB. BBB rates it a B- (once again everyone, look it up for yourself). And the company is not accredited by BBB.

It's so very important to be an informed consumer especially w/ all the scams going on.

BTW, YES, I was offered a "vacation valued at $4,000" and took up on it. There was a processing fee ($249/person). I am worried after reading these negative reviews, but I don't know for sure if this is a scam, because the company has been upfront about a couple of things not covered (e.g. processing fee, tax, not a lottery/sweepstake, transportation fee) and requirements to qualify for the trip (participation in 90 min host orientations at each place).

The only thing I don't like is the fact that they're operating w/ two names that I know of (Amazon Travel Club & Amazon E-Travel). However, I spoke w/ FL Dept of Cons Svcs, and companies can do that by filing other forms.

I will proceed w/ caution and let you all know what else I find out.

Amazon Travel Club Vacation Scam

Minneapolis, Minnesota 1 comment

My 24 year old brother just received the call from amazontravelclub.com about a half hour ago, and was offered an all inclusive vacation to the bahamas.Being that he constantly applies for contests online, he easily was taken in by it.

My mom and I walked into the room right after he had given out HER credit card number for "verification that he was a real person". I immediately googled the company to see if it was a scam, and many people said so online. Freaking out, my brother told them it wasn't his credit card, and that he had not authorized any payments to be made with that card, and they hung up. My mother called her credit card company, and they had already made a $398 dollar charge on the card, despite telling him that the card number was for verification, and not saying there would be an charges made.

My mother called amazon travel club for a refund, and they said they would give her one, but the charge has not yet been removed from her card.This is a complete scam, do NOT be taken in by it.

Review about: All Inclusive Trip To The Bahamas.

Comments

BION I'm irmpsesed! Cool post!

Amazon Travel Club - Non Refundable?

Navarre, Florida 7 comments

I was told that the confirmation in non refundable?Does anybody know is that is true?

I'm talking about the 498. They told me the rooms were already booked. Also the lady just gave me an upgrade to a suit without me even asking and extending my period to 32 months. Basically I think they are trying to keep you in by making you feel better and you can get a refund.

Does anybody know exactally to say to get a refund of any sort?Thanks!

Review about: Vacation.

Comments

This has made my day. I wish all pstogins were this good.

#194977

Just to second what "They are the biggest liars" said, Oasis/Amazon inserted into their documentation that a $49 administrative fee applies, but they can only charge you if you agree to it. I sent a letter back with my documentation saying I did not agree. Then they called me and tried to get me to agree to it over the phone, which I didn't. I followed up with an email (see below), and they finally called back and said they would be refunding the full amount after all.

--------------------

Helaina, Tom, et al.,

Per my cancellation notice and my phone conversation with Helaina, I dispute the Administrative Fee. I did not agree to the fee before receiving the documents, so you have no basis for charging it. Per your disclosure in the documentation, I "MAY CANCEL THIS CONTRACT WITHOUT ANY PENALTY OR OBLIGATION WITHIN 30 DAYS," which I did.

Additionally, as I read Florida Statute 559.933, Vacation certificate cancellation and refund provisions, "It shall be unlawful for any seller of travel or assignee:" ... "2. (2) To fail to refund any and all payments made by the vacation certificate purchaser within 30 days after receipt of the certificate and notice of cancellation made pursuant to this section, if the purchaser has not received any benefits pursuant to the vacation certificate."

I cancelled the contract within 30 days, so I should have no penalty or obligation. I haven't received any benefits pursuant to the vacation certificate, so you are obligated to refund any and all payments.

Ergo, please process the refund for the full amount, USD498.

Thank you.

--------------------

Just send them that. It works. DO NOT agree to the Administrative fee!

When you receive your vacation certificate in the mail, make copies of it.Florida law give you 30 days to send written notification to return any vacation certificates.

They even have to print that information on the certificate itself. Send them a letter saying you want a full refund, best to send it certified with a return receipt requested so they have to sign for it and you have a record they received it.

As long as you send the certificate back to them and give them written notification that you want a refund, they have to give it to you.That is how i got my money back.

has anyone been successful with "It's the FL law"'s advice?

by law they must give you a refund back with in 30days of purchase.it is florida law.

They put that statute right there on the papers they send you. also look and make sure you qualify by making the minimum $40K per year like it says in the fine print.

check this statute out and they legally have to refund your money.559.933

You can get a FULL refund if you cancel within 30 days.They usually tell you that you have to pay $50 to cancel and they get you to agree to this by phone just to ***.

Insist on a FULL refund and they HAVE to give it to you.

The credit card company told me that.BEWARE OF THESE CROOKS AND DON'T BELIEVE A WORD THEY SAY.

The confirmation is indeed refundable.I got a full refund minus the processing fee.

At that point, as long as i get most of my money back, minnus 50 bucks i'm ok with that.

Consider this a 50 dollar lesson learned.As long as you cancel within 30 days you can expect a refund minus 50 bucks.

Amazon Travel Club - Www.amazontravelclub.com is a scam

Edmonton, Alberta 3 comments

I got a phone call from a daytona number saying i was won the grand prize of the trip to all these places and cruise and arabian nights dinner show etc.i did enter my name at the edmonton snowboard show along with a whole bunch of other contest.

i could hear another person in the background telling someone else about their 'won trip'. they transferred me to verify my info, everything sounded good until they asked for my credit card. $249 for me + $249 for my 1st guest and my 3rd and 4th guest were free. guy tried to reassure me they can't charge me without my consent, that they've been in the business for 15 years, that they're not a scam, that the show i went to wouldn't allow scam businesses to operate there, etc.

but my question is, if i won the grand prize, why would i have to pay up front and why can't i get a summary package sent to me first before getting my credit card number authorization?? what a scam. don't trust it. my boyfriend was smart to tell me to say no.

wasted 20 minutes of air time on my phone..pfffttt.

Comments

This makes everything so copmeltely painless.

#120330

I don't know how you passed "law school" if your writing is so poor.

You obviously work for the company. I tried to look you up online to see what firm you belong to and surprise, surprise the only hits I got for your name pertained to other Amazon E Travel/Amazon Travel Club complaint pages over the internet.

Im an Attorney, I deal with hundreds of fraud investigations a year.There is this one thing that you people don't know they have a merchant account and a law suit will be put on The Amazon Travel Club and they will lose their murchant account if they do not state all the details or chare you a few pennys over.

They need to tell you how they got your number, why they are calling, and before you hang up they ask you a number of questions so they know that if they sell you the package you meet thier requirments and will not cancel at the end. They also get you to agree to being at thier sponsored event and you state that you filled out their entry form. From the sound of it you people sound upset but you must read the fine print like, 2nd grade where they taught you to always read everything through and go over the directions before you fill out your homework or anything like that. So their is a number or requiremtns that they get you to agree to and THEY RECORD EVERYTHING!!!!!!

for their secerity perpuses. So when we the attorneys take them to jail and court and shut down thier company they will turn around and get us so bad with a lawsuit because we didnt investigate enough, but they record so they can use those recordings in the state of Florda courts and not only emberrasing to us but yourselves because its your voice and your stating everything that they need you to. You are the one who filled out the entry forn for a special offer to the Florida, Bahamas, and Disney they state. So you just felt like they are going to give it to you which they are!, your just paying the processing and serviceing fee's.

THEY ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG BECAUSE THEY DO NOT GET YOUR NAMES OUT OF THE PHONE BOOK! YOU WERE AT AN EVENT THAT THEY SPONSORED AND YOU ARE THE ONE WHO FILLED OUT THE ENTRY PAPER AND DID NOT READ THE DETAILS OR THE FINE PRINT. you can take it to a number of levels but I just wrote this becasue Im a fraud attorney in Tampa, Fl and my daughter recieved a call and called me and said "Daddy find out if this is a cram I want to go to florida and see you also I need a cruise vacation!!" So I did and they are record everything for secerity purposes and I told my daughter TAKE IT if you want it.

8) I just think that you people these day think everything is free nothing will never be free unless it comes from an acual owner of friend but nothing ever gets handed over for free from a company or sponsor so think twice before you go to a to an attorney and make you look like the bad guy.They wont do anything to risk thier merchant account for 4 hundred and somehting dollars.

Amazon Travel Club SCAM!!

dont buy into this, thinking that i was a "winner" of a trip that i had in need put my name into a draw, i gave a credit card # i know i was wrong but i did enter the draw, I asked them 3 times during the conversation if this card would be billed now or when i took the trip, when you take the trip they responed.then found out with in 10 minutes my card was charged $498 us when i called back they told me that they would never tell me that.

i ended up demanding my money back after 30 min he refunded 1/2 the money back i took it.

this is more like suggesting a trip to you cause in the end you pay for almost everything if you want to travel get an all inclusive trip!!and i had to get to flordia on my own $250 lesson learned

Review about: Trip Winner.

Comments

My mother won this package at a Bridal show we attended last year.She thought it would be a great gift as a honeymoon and forked over the $500 they ask for upfront.

It took them at least 3 months just send a confirmation for only one of the two trips we requested. The stationary was suspect and when my mother called to complain the woman told her off! Then when I called the hotel to cancel our reservation they had no idea what we were even talking about. Also it turns out on the BBB website that they aren't even licensed to sell travel.

SCAM!!!Stay away!!!

At last! Someone who understands! Thanks for psiotng!

Just got the phone call I won a vacation.Filled-out a poorly copied form at the Oshkosh air show in Wisconsin last week - guy was all hyped up about a Bahama vacation so I stupidly filled it out.

Why would I have to pay $398 for a "free" vacation? And I'm sure that there would be issues with the IRS if in fact your winning vacation was worth more than $398. I got off the phone by saying I had to ask my husband if it was OK and they will call back.

Thought I'd look them up online - and guess I won't be answering that call later!Thanks for posting.

For all those who assume they were scammed!!I bought the vacation last year and was charged exactly what I was told.

My family and I just recently took our vacation and had a awesome time!!! :grin

We recieved everything we were promised and we would not have been able to take this nice of a vacation without it.

Oh we still have the cruise which my wife and I are already panning for next year.cant wait!

I'm in Colorado and got screwed out of $200.00 I just called and Regina told me that I had 30 days after date of purchase to get a refund.Well were the fu$k does it say that in the Terms and Services?

IT DOESN'T.

So I emailed Tom Martino.Hopefully we all get justice!

Yes, we did get all our money back.

First we'd only get half back and still keep the package. I did not agree - then I would get everything back minus their service charge, ha!!! I did not agree with that either and asked where I could read this.

Believe me you will not receive anything in the mail, we never did.

I got a phone call from Oasis Travel Club too yesterday! I attended a bridal show in Toronto, Canada where I filled out a ballot for a so-called free vacation. It's funny, I remember entering for a trip to Hawaii but the prize package that I "won" was to a few resorts in Florida and an optional cruise to the Bahamas.

I didn't think much of it at them time b/c I did fill out a few ballots that day so it could've been possible that I did enter to win a trip to Florida but forgot.

So I too believed this and gave them my credit card number to pay the $498 US processing/service fee that would avoid me getting taxed 1/3 of the prize. It's not even physical money that I won, why would I even get taxed????

I didn't feel too good about it after wards and decided to call my credit card company. It turns out that my cc was already charged and that they couldn't do anything about it b/c I had no proof that it was fraudulent since I had yet to receive my "travel documents" within 5-7 business days.

I did call the company back as Leanne suggested above and at first they were going to refund me $249 and I cold still keep the so called vacation package BUT I insisted on getting a full refund b/c I really didn't want to go at this point no matter how "good" the deal was. They agreed to refund the full amount minus a $50 fee of some sort. All this information would apparently be on page 3 of the travel documents I would receive in the mail.

I haven't received it but when I do, I'm signing page 3 and sending back the *** package. I'm glad to hear someone got their money back. I hope that I will get mine back as well. Were you able to avoid the $50 charge???

I cant believe I fell for this!I pride myself on doing research on everything, but when they called I was not near a computer.

I wonder tho if my lieing them them might help me out, I havent turned 21 quit yet. So technically can I even have qualified to pay that 498? They never had me confirm my age by my drivers license or even by my date of birth.

I wont use my age to try to get a refund unless I have no other options.Contacting my CC first about the scam is first on my list of to do's.

i as many of you filled out a ballot, about a week later i recieved a phone call saying i won.i didnt believe it they also told me i should be getting a an email an package in the mail within a few days.

i checked my email during the conversation i didnt recieve anything.

during this coversatin i was continuisly being pressured into giving my creid card number.i recomend anyone who comes across this to just say no thanks!!

#192900

I am event manager, and I happened to be working at a Women's Exporecently doing promotional. As I usually do at most events or conventions, I take some time to walk around myself and talk to the other vendors, or event coordinators. Generally, they are very nice. I passed by what I've come to know as the "Oasis Travel Club," and their booth which consisted of a table and a... professional metal bucket. People were swarming this table because a promotional women was repeating the same catch phrase "Enter to win a free trip to the Bahamas!" She was good at what she did, in the same way anyone knew how to operate robotically for a sales pitch. Before I had a chance to even think about it, she was shoving a clipboard into my hands. Being a good sport, I thought, "Why not?" And filled out the application. I only put my name and phone number on the slip. If I won, then they had a way to contact me.

Two weeks passed and I was in the car when I received a call from an unknown number. Being somebody who works in event management, and had recently started looking for a new position on the job market, I figured it could be someone important trying to reach me.

I picked up the phone and was greeted by a man with a southern accent who asked me if I had recently been at the Women's Expo. He had hesitated while he asked me about the Expo, which meant he had been reading it off of something. I replied "Yes," because I work in the event business. He told me that I had won the trip. At this point, I noticed that it sounded like I was being recorded on the radio. I didn't say anything about it while he continued to give me this whole speech. He asked a bunch of personal questions, which I lied and gave him fake answers, or at least answers that had some fallacy to them. I never give out my personal information to someone I've never met on the phone. He then proceeded to tell me that I had to make a decision right then without being able to consult my significant other. I never do anything with my finances like this without discussing it with my boyfriend first, especially when we had already been arranging travel plans. Slyly, I told them I was about to take my car into the shop and that I couldn't finish the conversation at that moment in time. They said they would call me back in 20 minutes.

During this time, I contacted a fellow event coordinator who I've been working with for over two years, and I have confided in most of my administrative duties. She told me to be careful because they had tacked a time limit to the winning vacation. Then I hopped online with my phone and quickly googled the phone number, and started to read a terrifying number of people complaining about this scam.

Nearly half an hour later, the man called me back. I told him I was not interested in the vacation and to give it to someone else. He pleaded with, "Why wouldn't you take a free vacation?" I responded, "I'm already taking a vacation next year, and I can't take the time off to take two. Give this to someone else." He replied, "Okay." And quickly hung up. I haven't heard from them again, but according to these previous posts, they like to call several times. If they call me again to let me know that "You've won!", then I can catch them in the act of the scam.

My story does not differenciate from anyone else here; however, I felt the need to share it because I am an event manager, and had I actually been in charge of that event, I would never want somebody such as Oasis Travel Club slandering our name with their lies and scams. They are deceitful, and I advise anyone who experienced their winning phone call to contact scam hotline and report it.

I will be contacting the event center to let them know of this, as well as fellow vendors. Oasis Travel Club is a huge lie. Hopefully, other people won't put their money toward it.

#190942

Thank God I found this website.I was at the Lifelite festival in sioux falls and they where at the entrance to fill out the ballot.

I got called three days ago about the trip but they needed a cc# or debit card. But now I know it's all a scam.

Thanks for the posts.:eek

My GF & I both signed up for this trip giveaway .Don't do it!!!!

I was fortunate enough to be at a computer to look these dirtbags up & thankfully all of you that posted on here. Thanks again...

We are all winners now.I called the Illinois State Fair grounds event cordinator & give him all the info & he informed me they have had several complaints of the same & that they will not be back next year.

We were *** enough to fall for this "lucky win" months ago.

There is a way out people, just call them back - ask for a refund. They won't just give it to you cause this is what they do scam people!! Stay calm, keep insisting, ask for the written contract, ask for the tape that they supossingly record on the phone.

Oh and when they refund you, they will try to charge you a "fee" I believe it was 50 bucks or so, ask them where you can read about this fee.

We will never ever give anyone our cc number anymore, guess we were ***, but glad we got our money back.

Good luck all!

maybe you guys should give me your phone numbers.

i will give you each a call tomorrow with an even better deal.LOL!!!

:( :( :( *** i think i got screwed over too i gave him my cc# but then decided not to take the deal!!! i cant b leave this *** still goes on in the us its getting really old!!!

I have "won" this trip as well.Still not sure I am going to go through with it though.

I'm not sure about fees with each trip...but there is a $200/person fee for the cruise (port and service fees).

I AM IN THIS VACATION SITUATION RIGHT NOW,SUPPOSELY OASIS TRAVEL IN DAYTONA FLORIDA.IS THERE ANYONE I SHOULD CONTACT ABOUT THIS,ARE THEY BREAKING ANY LAWS

This is for the First report on here by jay....do you know what exactly the florida law says? I myself have won a "free trip" from filling out a ballet and now they wont give me my money back....any help?

We were roped into this after filling out a raffle ticket at a beer fest.Like many others, we never win cool trips so we were stoked about it and leaped before looking, gave the guy our CC# and when the buyer's regret hit we started thinking it over.

Long story short, we got TOM MEEHAN the guy who is in charge of OASIS TRAVEL which is a subsidiary or the new name of the company, myself, and our CC company on a three-way call.They are giving us a refund now.

Look up the Florida state laws, you can get a refund in 30 days.

Look up the Florida state laws, you can get a refund in 30 days.

I just got scammed you guys!How could I let this happen?

:( I'm so pissed off at myself!

I hate Dwayne Nicely that punk puke faced ***!I hate Amazon Travel Club!

unfortunatly I fell in their trapp and paid!It happened this last sunday! I will call them tomorrow to try to get my money back! but they didn't say that I have 30 days to cancel ?!

please advise!

So I got the same call as everyone else did...and I bought into it because I did not have access to a computer.

I came home that night (Friday night) and so all the comments online. I called Monday and got a huge run around starting with the sales lady, then the legal department and finally the CEO of the company. Each one of them tried to get me to believe that I had agreed that the money (498.00) was non refundable and I knew I couldn't cancel and get it back. I know that I would never agree to that.

I asked for a tape of my statements to hand to my attorney. The CEO laughed at me and told me that no attorney would go through with that and I would lose in court. He also told me that I was so like the rest of society and believed that I deserved to get everything handed to me, and didn't want to follow the rules or do any work... At this point I told him I wanted my money back and I did NOT want the trip.

He finally told me that I sounded like a bitter traveler and he did not want someone like me at his resort so he would refund the money...

Bottom line. If you fall for it like I did. You can get your money back. Be patient you will have to talk to at least 3 people who will give you a sob story about feeding their family, and paying their workers.

They also offered to extend the 18month period to 3 years...dont fall for this.

I went to a boat show in Mpls with 2 buddies and all 3 of us got a call from "Duaine" telling us that we had won the FL trip worth $4K.I was super stokked for 2 seconds until he told me I had to pay so I wouldnt be taxes or something.

Then I just started to clown the guy about how *** it sounded. He tried to show me their website and about how awesome it was going to be and that they're not selling me anything. ***, I would have to pay to get down there, pay for every person that came with me, which was up to 3 other people. He kept telling me everything was worth it.

But when he asked for the CC # I hung up on him and found this site. Then as i'm looking at this i talked to the 2 other guys and they said they both got calls telling them that had won. So funny.

These people suck.I thought i won, when really I just was entered onto a call back list for them to sell me a trip.

Cornwall, New York, United States #106728

I was just contacted about winning this same trip but I was lucky enough to be sitting at my computer today and googled the company's name before I had given anyone my CC information. The question I have is, did they continue to send you information via e-mail or US mail?

My fiancee and I just went to the Green Bay Wedding Expo this past weekend.There was a man (who smelled of alcohol) who was shoving these raffle slips at us to fill out to win a trip to the Bahamas.

I thought to myself should I really be filling this out, but then again it was a well known wedding show and must be legit. Well surprise, surprise - we won! Yeah we must have all the luck seeing they tried calling my cell before his and we entered the drawing separately. "Oh you just have to pay your way down here" he said.

"and just like the Price is Right you have to pay for the taxes blah blah blah so I will transfer you over to the shipping department to verify everything." Everything meaning the $249 per person on our credit card. Well of course while my fiancee is on the phone with this clown I am looking up anything and everything about this so called company. I found this site which just confirmed every reason we should say no! Thank you to all you posted!

He told the pushy guy on the phone he had to talk with me about it first and the man said "oh we can 3 way her in" ha! I have never had any luck with winning things and this just proves it all :roll Good luck to anyone that went thru with it!!!

Apparently we are going "lose our vacation" if we don't call back in the next hour.Our loss hahahaha!

my girlfriend and i just recieved a phone call from john adams, we got all excited thinking we did win something, we thought about it when they said they needed our card number to charge us for the $449, we said nope cant afford it, they tried and tried to help us with the package but we kept saying no, after reading this thank god we dident give them our card info.

Just told them to take a flier off the nearest cliff (before I gave them a credit card #).

My question is: Did anybody out there actually take the trip, check out the hotels and wineing and dining they try to sell you on??

So I just got the phone call tonight about winning the free trip.My girlfriend had been called the night before and was all over them asking about legalites and stuff.

The moment they asked for my card I said no way, told them that this is a scam, and I dont want it.Thanks for all the heads up.

SAME THING! "Winners" don't get asked for credit card numbers. Complete *** scam, I was smart enough not to give my credit card number out.

I also fell for this great offer. I cannot understand how *** I was lol.

BUT

I got out of it after several phonecalls. What I find remarking is that all the girls I talked to just wrote down my name and number and I had to wait until a co-owner (lol) called me back a few minutes later. Do they need to check their own files first and prepare themselves for another angry "customer"?! I kept telling them I did not want it and that the 30 days to cancel did not pass yet, oh and I also asked for the voice recorded message - which of course they could not give to me. Another thing - I asked to know the contact information of whatever radiostation I was on during the initial phonecall - in which the oh so friendly lady notified me of my great price and mentioned that I was on the air (I know how *** can you be huh?! I def learned my lesson)

Oh and that $49 cancellation fee - they wanted to charge me that until I asked where I could see this in writing in their so called contract. Mike - the guy on the phone - could not tell me where so I demanded the full refund and got it.

Good luck to everyone that fell ofr it aswell! You can get out of it! Stay calm on the phone :)

they just called me. I had already received a certificate from them. We checked it out BIG SCAM. Now I am a winner????

I you charged it REMEMBER you are protected from this type of thing. Call the card or bank tell them it was a scam. fill out whatever you need --- get all of your money back.

Do not bother with trying to get it all from them.

The LAW is on YOUR SIDE.

I must be a bit more untrusting than most. Through lots of years of learning.

Pass this on to everyone you know. This company is really out there working on people.

The accomadations are crappy and not in good shape. Bad rooms everywhere.

My boyfriend and I did indeed fill out a slip about winning a free vacation just like anyone else would do.Two days later (last night) I received a phone call telling me how I won this huge vacation package yada yada and we were sooo excited!!

Little did we know the conversation kept getting sketchier and sketchier... They kept requesting our credit card information immediately and kept asking us all sorts of personal questions.. My boyfriend hung up my phone and said NO we are not doing this it is the biggest scam ever! THEY CALLED ME BACK THREE TIMES AFTER WE HUNG UP!

Please no one fall for this!!!They need to be caught for FRAUD!

I was 'notified' of my vacation package yesterday, about 4:45 pm CST on 12/13/09. They told me all about the package that I had won, but didn't mention any of the resort names, the cruise line, or anything. I had a bad feeling about it, so I Googled their name. This message board was the first thing that came up.

So first thing I did this morning was call them and ask for a refund. Some guy claiming to be the owner of Amazon Travel Club, Michael Carnaky, got on the phone and at first, was very helpful. I told him that I did not want the vacation package, that it wasn't neccessary at the time and needed to save money. He kept saying how "when you're recorded for the third-party insurance, that ensures that you will not cancel on your vacation package." What a load of garbage. This guy is a joke. I kept telling him that I just wanted to get my money back and how I couldn't afford it. I obviously can, but didn't want to give a dime to this 'company'.

I straight up said: "So as the owner of this business, you're telling an upset customer that they are not able to get their money back? You guys are such scam artists." He spouts off something about a whole team of lawyers, williing to sue anyone who slanders the name of his company. Yadda yadda yadda. He got very angry and said, "Alright Adam, I'm going to take control of this conversation because I don't like the way you're talking to me."

Nice guy, right? So I said, "I'm reading here in the contract that it says I have 30 days to cancel my purchase from Amazon Travel Club." He gets dead serious and say, "Yes, you can do that. It's going to cost $49 to have your money refunded."

Basically, I got my money back. It's been charged to my card, but it will be refunded by Christmas. Hooray.

For anyone going through this, use your head. These guys are ruthless. You've gotta show that you have backbone and won't give an inch. Carnaky said that I'll get my package and will have to submit in writing that I am requesting a refund. It takes 10-15 business days for it to be processed.

I'd rather have most of my money back that none at all, so I'm happy with it. I'll post more after I receive the refund.

Ok so I just saw the refund posted on my credit card.It's the full $498USD but I did lose a couple bucks due to exchange from USD to CAD.

I'm glad I didn't pick up the phone when one of the "co-owners" called and said I need to discuss the refund with him beforehand.They issued the refund even though they never heard back from me.

Last week, I mailed all the certificates i ever received from them with a letter requesting a full refund (Terms and Conditions on the certificate says I need to submit in writing). Just 15 minutes ago, I received a Customer Refund Notification email with info such as Transaction ID of the refund (the full $498USD). I'm going to call my credit card company later on tonight to verify whether the refund has actually been issued to my credit card (since it takes a few days to get posted).

A previous message was posted below.I wanted to wait to see the outcome to write this current message.

I was mislead to buy this package. I contacted my Visa company with Scotia and notified them of the situation. They dealth with everything very quickly. They cancelled my card (although the purchase already went through)...they passed it on to the despute department.

I sent the package back that was sent to me. I was told not to answer any calls or contact amazon in any circumstance.

I just got a message today that I was refunded $449 but there was a $49 refund fee.I am so happy I have the money back and learned a good lesson!

So i hate to admit it but unfortunately, I fell for their sleazy scam.After finding out it was a scam, i called to cancel and they said it was non refundable.

However, their "contract" states that you can cancel without any obligation within 30 days. I called back demanding to cancel and they were not happy that I called them out on their scam so the owner of the company simply said he'd refund me the money, minus a $49 (USD) administrative fee. He didn't even say anything else.

He just hung up the phone.For any of you who want to cancel this, call them and tell them that their contract states "you may cancel this contract without any penalty or obligation within 30 days from the date of purchase of receipt of the vacation certificate."

Sorry I posted this as new at first, but it is related to this.I was told that the confirmation in non refundable?

Does anybody know is that is true? I'm talking about the 498. They told me the rooms were already booked. Also the lady just gave me an upgrade to a suit without me even asking and extending my period to 32 months.

Basically I think they are trying to keep you in by making you feel better and you can get a refund. Reading below I see people did get refund of "some" money. I will take anything.

Does anybody know exactly to say to get a refund of any sort?Thanks!

DID ANYONE GET THEIR MONEY BACK IN FULL?

These guys called and they are big liars.I called to cancel and they charged me $50 USD (for processing fees supposedly) and then they sent me the papers anyway.

When I read the terms in detail it said you can cancel without ANY charge... but that *** did not say that. I called the credit card company to dispute and they would not since I agreed to pay the $50 and that over rules any of their terms...but they did tell me that it is very low of the vendor not to tell me that there is no charge to cancel and they could do nothing else about it. ....

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THESE GUYS...they are a bunch of low life *** bags

I got the call today (Nov 27) from John Ringo who is from Amazon Travel Club.Same as everyone's complaint above he said that he was the co-sponser at the London show I attended and asked if I remembered filling out the ballot, which I said "not really".

Anyways I let him go through the same list that you all heard and even though he said I would be getting an email in an hour, he still gave me the website. Long story short, I went to the London show website and Amazon isn't on the list of sponsers let alone CO-sponser. Their name/ad/etc is nowhere. If they were the co-sponser I bet you they would have advertising on the main website.

I emailed the person in charge of the show vendors/sponsers and gave him "Ringo's" phone number 386-675-6991 which is from South Daytona, meanwhile there is no JOhn Ringo living in South Daytona. I am hoping once the vendor knows it won't happen next year maybe they will put up a sign letting everyone know or be smart enough not to let random vendors in to scam people.

I told John Ringo that if it was a prize he wouldn't be giving me a 3pm deadline to pay him.Give me a break!

Is it a scam? Yes and no. You do get what they say you get, for the 'free' accommodations and shows, but it's what they don't tell you that makes it somewhat of a scam. They are extremely vague about the details.

There's always a catch. Over the phone they won't tell you what resort you're staying in, the cruise ship details, blackout dates, or any other catches that come along with the package. It's most likely free travel paid for by time share resorts or owners. You'll probably have to sit through some presentations.

Basically what you get, won't be what you expect. They mislead you on the phone to think you're getting something other than what you are actually getting. They are sneaky though, they ask you all the right questions over the phone so you can't claim fraud. They get you all excited and make you think you're a lucky winner so you won't be thinking clearly.

Hold back your excitement, and ask the right questions. For some people this may be something their looking for. Probably not for most.

I asked them to send me an email with the details in writing. They danced around the question and directed me to their website to see their licenses and bonds. I asked again, they responded that they didn't have time to because "so many winners were on the phone". Uh-huh, riiiiiight.

I got called over the past week multiple times from the same number and finally picked it up today (Nov 25 2009). It was pretty easy to see right through their ploy. I ended up telling the guy flat out that I wasn't making a purchase without the details in writing. He wished me a Merry Christmas and hung up. It wasn't even Thanksgiving yet. haha. You KNOW something is wrong if they wont back up their claims in writing.

Anyways, I want to respond to the posting above from "Fraud Attorney (Michael Lundie, on 06-11-2009".

Come on man, you clearly work for the company. You're defending the company down to every little detail. Speaking of 2nd graders, you write like one. No actual attorney would speak or misspell to the extent in which you did. Wow, bad form man. How about a little honesty? You just misled everyone AGAIN! That's twice in one day for me from the same company. Please re-read what you wrote and realize how ridiculous you sound.

To everyone else, please please please TAKE CAUTION!!

I recived a call from them on 11/3/2009 and bought the package for $498 and my wife and I went and had a great time..We actually just got back yesterday! Other than sitting thru a few timeshare promotins (witch we got more free stuff) If you are in the position to travel do it. We saved a lot of money

I, too, was naive and thought I was a huge winner.I feel foolish for how excited I was with the phone call.

HOWEVER, I now couldn't be more excited that I am forced to take this full week vacation in April with my wonderful boyfriend...for the minimal price of $498 for the both of us.

And living in New England, I know April could not come any sooner for our getaway to sunny FL weather!You all just have to acknowledge that you fell for the misleading sales pitch, understand this really is legit and truly not a scam, and enjoy what will probably be a well-needed getaway :)

My advice is to try and call them to get some of your money back.we were unsucsesfull but its worth a try.

I still cant believe that we fell for it too.Keep me updated as to what happends C

We were called today and we were *** enough to give credit card info.I have no idea what to do now.

Anyone any advice?We will call them back on Monday.

I received a call on Thursday Nov 5, 2009 stating that my name was drawn from the International Women's Show in Toronto.It is a great deal if you like to travel, but they don't give you much time to think about it.

The only thing it covers is accomodations and a couple night out events. You are also required to do an hour orientation at each location. I got caught up in thinking I won something great but truthfully, I don't have the money to pay for travelling and food, etc. I regret going through with it!!!

For people to like to travel, this would be a great opportunity!!

If you know anyone who would want to buy this pakage, I'll be more than willing to sell it!!!beckskawa@gmail.com

Yup, gotta be a scam.I too was at the edmonton ski and snowboard show and apparently a winner.

I didnt like the fact they wanted money over the phone so told them no thanks.

I especially like how they kept saying that the phone call was "live on the air!!".scumbags.

Thats where I got the phone call from.They said I filled out a ballot at the Toronto baby show.

My husband tried calling them when he got home from work but they refused to refund anything to us at all.They told him that they will sue me for using the credit card since it was my husbands if we try to cancell.

I just bought this as well.I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Everyone is saying it is a scam, but no one is saying how they are scamming you. You pay $500 for $4000 dollars worth of savings. Sounds good to me. The problem for me is that I can't afford to travel any time soon, so I think I made a bad decision.

I called them back and they refunded half the money and I still get to keep the trips. So I feel a little better. I'm going to try to sell the trips to people who actually travel. Hopefully I can make my 250 back.

I wish I hadn't have done it and I do feel scammed, but in the long run if you like to travel you are saving money, so it doesn't sound so bad. I just wish I would have said no for myself. Oh well.

What upsets me the most is that I didn't actually win anything.My name was obviously not drawn as a winner because I filled out the draw at the toronto baby show last week as well.

My sister received a call today November 5, 2009 stating that she won a free vacation (cruise) to Disney Land and Bahamas after filling out a ballot at the Toronto Baby Show, they requested immediate credit card payment, we believe this is a SCAM, due to the fact that they want immediate payment credit card only... we declined and is now investigating it, we have googled the AMAZON TRAVEL CLUB, and we are in the process of contacting the better business bureau both in the USA and Canada to report it and the baby show to report this company.

i just did the unthinkable and signed up.I did not know it was a scam.

when I called back after finding this website the attitudes were very rude and nasty towards me.I feel so *** and I dont know what to do.

Yes I did recieve a call, but look how many people turned it down and the next person was called!we bought the vacation and I appreciate them so much.

Obviously you people dont travel much because the cruise and getaway is 4,000 its self. WE travel alot and it makes you guys look like complete dumb ***!! when you argue with them just say no!

dont waste your time.you know you filled out the entry form and what you were filling it out for maybe it was the Baby time show or vancouver snow show thing that didnt state all the details thats not thier fault so keep kicking your selfs in the head because you are the ones who are staying in the cold *** snow and not in warm Florida!!

The caller said my name was drawn from the Edmonton Ski and Snowboard Show Jib Jam. *** scam telling me to pay $498 first. What a joke!

Just got a call from a female stating that my name was drawn from a ballot I filled out at the Fall Baby Time Show in Toronto and we were live on the air (radio station). Luckily...I had my computer close by to query the Amazon Travel Show to see that it was in fact a scam.

I too just received this call and thank everyone for letting me know it is a scam, I figured it was.

I just got a call from Amazon Travel Club saying they drew my name from the Body and Soul Show in Vancouver.I was excited until they wanted $498 from me, and they needed it right away.

Red flags came up when they wanted my credit card.

As far as I'm concerned if it's a free trip, then it should be totally free.I'm so glad I declined and found this site where others have shared this experience.

We apologize sincerly to any of our attendees contacted by Amazon.

We have done business with their parent company in the past - and had no problems. And many of our attendees took advantage of their discounted vacation. HOWEVER we did not realize they made a switch to Amazon Travel (we were not notified and now we too feel scammed) - and we are now in the process of removing them from all our Shows - as it is not our practice to associate with such companies.

Again our sincere apologies.

The Vancouver Snow Show

I wonder if the people that put on the Vancouver Snow Show (or other venues) are aware that there event is being used to lure unsuspecting victims into the Amazon travel Club's scam. The Amazon Travel Club is not being forthright with the people they are contacting through these otherwise ligitamate events. Do people that organize eventa like the Vancouver Snow Show want to be associated with scammers?

Just got a call from these guys too. Wasn't 100% so fobbed them off with a no credit card story... very glad I checked this out before putting any cash down

everything sounded ok until she mentioned that i'd need to pay a $249 per person fee.when you win a contest, dont you just win?

and then she was in a rush to have me make a decision, which caused me to have some concerns. i told her i'd have to talk it over with my husband, mostly to get off the phone with her. then she asked if he had a phone number so we could conference him into the call. another alarming red flag...

not planning on returning the call.i'm guessing this is a huge scam.

I received a call today from them. As soon as they started asking for credit card details a huge red flag came up! I gladly declined the offer.

They just called me too. She is very persistant to get that Credit card number.

Looking for someone with first hand experience on this vacation package.

They just called me to.What a joke.

Do not fall for this scam people.IT IS NOT A DEAL